FinanciersFrom vikirose13 5 years ago
- 1 cup almond flour or meal shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 6 egg whites, whisked till frothy shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 12 - 1 inch pieces of slightly cooked and cooled rhubarb shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C)
- Butter the muffin pan.
- Combine and mix with fork in a large bowl: almond flour, sugar, flour and salt.
- Add egg whites and mix with whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Add butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Mixture will be pourable.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans, filling them by only 1/2.
- Place a piece of rhubarb in center of each.
- Finish spooning batter covering rhubarb. Pans will be 3/4 full.
- Place muffin tin in center of oven.
- Bake until they just begin to rise; about 6 min.and reduce heat to 400F (200C).
- Bake till they are a light brown and begin to be firm, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave them in the oven 7 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove financiers from pan and dust with powdered sugar.
- Keep in airtight container. Hold for several days.