Chicken Fried RiceFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 1/4 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch by 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp. fish sauce(nam pla) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed with the side of a cleaver or knife shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, at room temperature or from the refrigerator shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1/2 tsp. water shopping list
- 1 tsp. thick soy sauce(Kikkoman or light soy sauce) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black or white pepper shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick shopping list
- lime, fresh red chiles(optional) and scallion shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a wok until hot, but not smoking, over medium high heat. Cook chicken until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the 1/2 Tbsp. fish sauce, as you are cooking, to the meat. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat the additional 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil in wok. Add the smashed garlic, cook briefly (just 30 seconds). Add the rice, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or metal turner. Add the cooked chicken. Toss together in the wok. Add the soy sauce and 1/2 tsp. fish sauce. Add the beaten egg, and pepper. Continue to stir-fry until heated through and grains of rice are seperated. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly (add more fish sauce if it needs)
- Remove to serving dish and garnish with cucumber, scallion, lime wedge, and fresh red chile peppers.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
LOOKS LIKE WE WILL BE HAVING FRIED RICE THIS WEEKEND, LOOKS WONDERFUL THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING THESE BEAUTIFUL DISHES,TAKE CAREchell_chell in Ann Arbor loved it
Easy...and beautiful pictures. Thanks for the post!rml in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!