Spanish Garlic SoupFrom auntybea 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 4 slices French bread, about 1/4 " thick shopping list
- 1 tbsp. paprika shopping list
- 4 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- pinch of saffron strands shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the whole garlic cloves and cook until golde. Remove and set aside. Fry the bread in the oil until golden, then set aside.
- Add the paprika to the pan and fry for a few seconds. Stir in the beef stock, cumin and saffron then add the reserved garlic, crushing the cloves with the back of a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into four ovenproof bowls and break 1 egg into each one. Place a slice of fried bread on top of each egg and put the bowls in the oven for about 3 or 4 minutes until the eggs are set. Serve at once.