Markys Broccoli Cheese SoupFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli, chopped. shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, julienned. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (secret) shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- 12 ounces grated sharp cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in butter. Set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Slowly add the half-and-half, continue stirring.
- Add the chicken stock whisking all the time.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- By now the soup should be thickened.
- Pour in batches into blender and puree.
- Return the puree to the pot and place over low heat, add the grated cheese; stir until well blended.
- Stir in the nutmeg.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating5 people
Oh yeah!! Great comfort food. I love broccoli & cheese soup. I want some now.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds so very good! I love this soup!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
YUMMY and I missed it before..55555..FFF groupies!lanacountry in Macon loved it