Halibut with Fennel Sun-dried Tomatoes and OlivesFrom irishiz 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks (white and light green parts only) shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup pitted sliced kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives shopping list
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary shopping list
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets (each about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- lemon wedges and leftover fennel fronds for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over mediun-high heat. Add fennel, leeks, and garlic and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste, both kinds of tomatoes, the olives and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary and cook until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (This part can be made ahead - up to 2 days. Rewarm over low heat before serving.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup oil and 3 teaspoons rosemary in small bowl. In a shallow dish arrange halibut in a single layer. Pour flavored oil over; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season halibut with salt and pepper. Grill until fish is just opaque in center, about 7 minutes total, turning once.
- Arrange fish on serving platter; spoon relish over.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and the fennel fronds.
The Cookirishiz Annapolis, MD
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!