Chicken Enchilada BakeFrom beekokweh 8 years ago
- 20 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2lbs Boneless chicken breast shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 Medium onion shopping list
- 1 Can green chilis diced shopping list
- 1 Tblsp Minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tsp cumin (Give or take according to taste) shopping list
- 1 Tsp chili powder shopping list
- ground pepper shopping list
- sea salt (to taste) shopping list
- 1 28oz can enchilada sauce (You can also make your own) shopping list
- 2 - 4 cups of cheese depending on how cheesy you are. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Boil chicken breast until cooked through.
- Saute onion, minced garlic and green chilis in olive oil.
- Cut up cooked chicken breast into shredded pieces and add to onion, garlic and chilis. Add a cup of water and simmer until chicken breast shreds and falls apart. Season with cumin, chili powder, pepper and sea salt and continue to simmer.
- Layer corn tortillas in casserole dish, starting with 6 - 8 tortillas for bottom layer.
- Spread enchilada sauce over layer of corn tortillas, sprinkle cheese and add a layer of chicken breast.
- Repeat adding more layers until ingredients are gone. Add cheese as last layer on the very top of the dish.
- Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with sour cream.
The Cookbeekokweh Mount Pleasant, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!