Gluten Free Orange Chocolate Chip MuffinsFrom ali4sls 6 years ago
- 2 c. GF flour blend (I use a 6 part rice flour, 2 part potato starch, 1 part tapioca starch blend) shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 thin skinned orange, seeded and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1/4 c. oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place oven rack in the top 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 400F. Spray 12 muffin cups with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the orange chunks (peel and all) until pureed. Small chunks are o.k., but you want it to be fairly smooth. Add the egg, milk and oil to the food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times, until combined.
- Pour the orange mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Don't over beat.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with additional sugar, if desired (I do). Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes. In my oven, they come out perfect at 17 minutes.