Pizza Stromboli-Filled Pizza BreadFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°) shopping list
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder shopping list
- 2 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4-1/2 teaspoons pizza sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon each chopped ripe olives, chopped stuffed olives and chopped canned mushroom shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in honey and milk powder until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup bread flour, whole wheat flour and seasonings.
- Add to yeast mixture; beat until smooth.
- Stir in pizza sauce.
- Stir in enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic; about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle.
- Sprinkle pepperoni, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, onion, olives and mushrooms to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
thanks for the great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
sounds wonderful!herby in Albany loved it
OOOOOOOOOOOOh Thank You thank you sooooooooo much!!!Have spent all day trying to perfect this recipe and now this is the perfect one. Yeah!!!jaybee in Decatur loved it