Thai Sweet Rice With MangoFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups raw sticky rice (sweet or glutinous rice). Use Thai sticky rice if possible. shopping list
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for mixing with rice (do not shake the coconut milk can before opening. Spoon out only the thick part that's usually on top) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for topping the rice (freeze the rest of the coconut milk for other use later) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt for the topping shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp salt for mixing with rice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp rice flour shopping list
- 6 medium mangoes -- peeled and sliced shopping list
- If want color in your sticky rice just add food coloring into the coconut milk before adding into the rice. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and rinse the sticky rice well. Add enough water to the rice so until the water is about 1/4" above the rice surface. Leave it set in water for about 3 to 4 hours or over night. Cook rice in an automatic rice cooker or in a bowl in a steamer, when cook in steamer leave cover open in a medium heat.. cook the rice until fully cooked (about 20-25 mins).
- Heat, on low, 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan. Add sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the coconut milk and cook until dissolved. Remove from heat and pour into cooked rice. Stir to mix well and set aside to let stand for about 15 mins.
- Heat the rest of coconut milk and add salt.
- Stir until the salt is dissolved.
- This makes the topping sauce.
- To serve, place sliced mangoes on a side of a serving disk. Spoon some seasoned sticky rice on the other side. Top the rice with 1 or 2 tsp of coconut sauce, white sesame seed or even sunflower seed(optional) and serve.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!