Fresh Pickled OnionsFrom waterlily 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel the onions and slice into very thin rings.
- Cover with cold water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Stir the sugar and vinegar together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the drained onions.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for a few hours, stirring once or twice and pushing the onions under the vinegar.
- Use in salads, or in any dish that uses raw onions.
- Prep time doesn't include soaking or marinating time.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating3 people
Hi, Just tried these and wow! what a great recipe. These are perfect for a Beef or Ham Sandwich or as I did them layered with thickly sliced tomatoes with a little olive oil.astrochef in London loved it
Hi, Just made these again for about the 50th time they are superb especially with cold meats or layered with tomatoes with a little olive oil.astrochef in London loved it
Did you know that if you put an onion in the freezer for about half an hour before cutting, it wont bring tears to your eyes? Here's my fiveronnymarcus in Jerusalem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!