Banana Pecan CupcakesFrom grandmacooks 8 years ago
- 1/2 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar ( I prefer dark brown) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 Tbsp sour cream shopping list
- 3 ounce bar cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Line a regular muffin pan (12 sections) with cupcake papers.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash the banana.
- Cream the 1/2 stick butter with the 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Add one egg, beat well, then add the other egg and beat well.
- Add the mashed banana and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt) and stir them well to mix, then add to the creamed mixture in two portions, stirring in the sour cream in between the two additions of dry ingredients.
- Fill the muffin cups 1/2 full and bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. A toothpick inserted near the middle should come out clean when your cupcakes are done.
- Leave in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before frosting.
- When cupcakes are cool, mix cream cheese, the 2 Tbsp butter and the vanilla.
- Beat the confectioners sugar in gradually. Beat well until creamy.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top, pressing in lightly if necessary to make them all stick.
- Store in refrigerator because of the cream cheese in the frosting.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookgrandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
The Rating3 people
These sound delightful. I always have that one odd banana ready to go bad...this will be a great way to use it up. Thanks.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
cream cheese and Bannanna's wow great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yum! I've got bananas ready to use now! Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!