Lime-glazed date pecan and coconut barsFrom biceps15 5 years ago
- 1 ½ c. flour shopping list
- ¾ c. sugar shopping list
- ¾ c. toasted shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 c. chopped pitted dates shopping list
- ½ c. toasted coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- zest of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 c. butter, melted then cooled shopping list
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk shopping list
- ½ tsp vanilla shopping list
- lime glaze (see recipe) shopping list
How to make it
- To toast coconut and pecans, spread them in a shallow pan and toast at 350F for 4-6 minutes, stirring from time to time. Don’t burn the coconut!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, dates, zest, in large bowl and mix well.
- Add cooled butter and stir to moisten.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and pour lime glaze evenly over top. Allow to cool in pan at least 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Lime Glaze
- 1 ½ c. icing sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- Mix to form a thin glaze.
The Cookbiceps15 CA
- Not added to any groups yet!