KibbeFrom coxja 9 years ago
- 200 grams bulgar wheat shopping list
- 400 grams mushrooms chopped to just over bite sized shopping list
- two medium tomatoes chopped into quarters shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 4 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- two handfuls fresh mint, chopped shopping list
- pine nuts shopping list
- natural yoghurt shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Generously butter a medium sized casserole dish (5 x 7 inches)
- Cover the bulgar wheat with cold water and leave to soak.
- Chop up the onions and fry in a pan for about 5-7 minutes in olive oil until softened.
- Add cinnamon to the onions and continue frying gently until golden brown.
- Put half of the onion mixture into the wheat. Return the rest to the heat and add a bit more olive oil.
- When the oil has re-heated add the mushrooms, one handful of chopped mint, a handful of pine nuts and the tomatoes. (You can add salt. This is optional.) Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a moderate heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Take off lid and continue cooking for another minute or two but don't allow to dry out.
- Put half of the wheat mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish and press down lightly. Put the mushroom mixture on top of this and then add a final layer of the wheat mix.
- Sprinkle a few pine nuts on top of the dish and then dot generously with butter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. In the meantime mix a handful of chopped mint into a small pot of natural yoghurt.
- Serve the hot casserole with the yoghurt mix.