Chicken Enchilada BitesFrom s_kat 7 years ago
- 1 20-ounce package soft flour tortilla shells shopping list
- 1 whole smoked or roasted chicken, roughly chopped or shredded shopping list
- 1 small red onion, minced shopping list
- tomatilla salsa shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced shopping list
- red salsa shopping list
- 2 cups sharp or medium cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- fresh cilantro or chives, sliced (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Turn broiler to low and pre-heat.
- Using a small biscuit cutter, cut rounds from the full-sized tortillas.
- In a lightly-oiled pan or panini grill, cook until lightly browned.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the chicken and minced red onion with the tomatilla salsa: cook in the microwave for about 1 minutes, stirring once, until mixture is warmed through.
- Place the rounds on a lined cookie sheet, then add about 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture to the center of each round.
- Sprinkle with green onion, then place a dab of red salsa on top.
- Cover with about a tablespoon (or so) of the cheese.
- Place into the pre-heated oven under the broiler and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove to serving tray, place slivers of cilantro or chive atop each round and serve immediately.
The Cooks_kat Newport News, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!