Tyler Florence Green Bean and Bacon SaladFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1 pound slender green beans, stems trimmed shopping list
- 1/4 pound thick-cut bacon, cut in 1/4" pieces shopping list
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnut halves and pieces, toasted shopping list
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped shopping list
- 1 T. grainy mustard shopping list
- 1 T. hot water shopping list
- pinch sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch green beans for 4 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer the bacon to paper towels, then add to the green beans along with the shallot, walnhuts, and parsley.
- In mason jar, combine mustard, water, sugar, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in the oil, put the cap on and shake vigorously to emulsify. Dress the beans just before serving, tossing well.