Shrimp Scampi With LinguiniFrom dreamweaver 8 years ago
- 1 pound linguini shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling shopping list
- 1 large shallot, finely diced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced shopping list
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional shopping list
- 20 large shrimp, about 1 pound, peeled and deveined, shopping list
- with tail on. shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to
- When it has come to the boil, add a couple of
- tablespoons of salt and the linguini.
- Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover.
- When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8
- minutes or until the pasta is not quite done.
- Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter
- in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- (if using) until the shallots are translucent,
- about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to
- the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2
- to 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan;
- set aside and keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil.
- When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the
- pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta and
- reserved pasta water.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
The Cookdreamweaver Galeton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!