Tropical Fruit Salad PlatterFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 1 papaya, sliced, reserve seeds for dressing shopping list
- 2 to 3 kiwi fruit, sliced in rounds shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries shopping list
- 2 oranges, unpeeled, sliced in rounds and quartered shopping list
- 2 bananas, sliced diagonally shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries shopping list
- ------papaya Seed Dressing------- shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups salad oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. papaya seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange the papaya, kiwi fruit, cherries, oranges, bananas and
- strawberries around the edges of the serving platter.
- Prepare dressing. Pour into small serving bowl and place in center
- of platter.
- Serve fruit with dressing spooned over individual portions.
- -----Papaya Seed Dressing-----
- Place sugar, salt, mustard, egg and vinegar in blender container or the container of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Turn blender or processor on, and very slowly add the oil, blending until a thick dressing forms.
- Add the onion and papaya seeds. Mix to blend —do not process to puree, as dressing is more attractive with onion and seeds still visible. Store leftover dressing in refrigerator. Makes 3 cups dressing.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating2 people
This dressing sounds really interesting especially with the green onion in it! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it