Mango Macadamia Ice Cream SandwichesFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- Cookies: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. Finely grated orange zest shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- ½ cup cold butter or hard margarine, cut up shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, fork-beaten shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened shopping list
- 14 oz. Can of sliced mango in syrup, drained and chopped shopping list
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolks. Mix until soft dough forms. Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/4 “ thickness. Cut out circles with lightly floured 3 “ round fluted cookie cutter. Arrange about 1 “ apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in 350 F oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden. Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheets and place on wire racks to cool. Makes about 16 cookies.
- Combine all 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Line 9 x 9 “ pan with waxed paper, leaving 2 “ overhang on 2 sides. Spread ice cream mixture evenly in pan. Freeze, covered, for about 1 hour until firm. Holding waxed paper, remove ice cream from pan. Cut out circles with 2 ½ “ round cookie cutter, as close together as possible. Place 1 ice cream round on 1 cookie. Cover with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream rounds. Freeze. Makes 8 sandwiches.