Creamy Veal Stew With MushroomsFrom lindal34 7 years ago
- 2 Lbs Boneless veal stew meat shopping list
- 2 Cups water or 1 cup water and 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 12 Oz can chicken broth (12 to 16) shopping list
- 1 Medium Onion Grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Or More bay leaves shopping list
- 3 Or More carrots, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces shopping list
- 1/2 16 Oz Package frozen pearl onions shopping list
- 1 Pound whole mushrooms, Washed and Trimmed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley Or shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp ground allspice shopping list
- corn Starch or flour shopping list
How to make it
- Cut Veal into bites sized uniform cubes and brown in a sprayed non stick skillet or in a small amount of olive or canola oil
- Add carrots, mushrooms and small pearl onions and brown them slightly--just for color.
- Add Water, chicken broth, bay leaves, parsley, and salt.
- You may substitute a cup of white wine for some of the water, but I never add garlic to this because it overpowers the other delicate flavors.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 -2 hours or until veal is tender, in a covered dutch oven.
- Thicken the broth with a few Tablespoons cornstarch or flour mixed with water.
- When broth is thick, stir in the allspice, and adjust salt. Add pepper to taste, if desired.
- If you don't use the wine, stirring in a couple of tablespoons lemon juice is good.
- This is good over egg noodles or rice.