Salsa-lime ChickenFrom pursefullofcurlers 7 years ago
- 4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken (I use breasts) shopping list
- 2 limes shopping list
- 1/2 cup or so of salsa (the spiciness of the salsa will determine the overall spiciness of the dish.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup or so of sour cream or ranch dressing shopping list
- 1 can yellow corn, drained (I omit this b/c hubby can't eat corn) shopping list
- 1 package yellow or Spanish rice, prepared according to package directions shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or mexican cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut limes in half. Save 4 slices for garnish.
- Juice limes.
- Rub chicken with remaining juiced lime halves and pour juice over chicken.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare rice. About halfway through cooking, stir in the corn.
- Brown chicken over medium heat.
- Mix salsa and sour cream or dressing.
- Transfer chicken to oven safe baking dish.
- Pour salsa mixture over chicken. Turn chicken to coat.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice/corn mixture.