Creole Oyster Po BoyFrom zena824 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons low fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 2 containers standard oysters (10 oz per container) shopping list
- 1 loaf French bread (16 inches long) shopping list
- Creole mayonnaise (recipe in my recipes) shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced iceburg lettuce shopping list
- 24 thin sliced tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredientsin a bowl; stir well.
- Combine buttermilk and egg white in a bowl; stir well.
- Dip oysters in buttermilk mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add oysters, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Cut bread loaf in half horizonally, and spread Creole Mayonnaise evenly over cut sides of bread.
- Arrange lettuce and tomato slices over bottom half of loaf; top with oysters and top half of loaf.
- Cut loaf into 8 pieces.
- Serve immediately.