Chicago Italian Beef SandwichFrom askorb 6 years ago
- 4 pounds top round with fat cap shopping list
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, or canola oil shopping list
- 3 yellow onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup garlic, whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 sourdough baguette rolls halved, toasted shopping list
- 1 cup chopped giardiniera vinaigrette vegetables shopping list
- 1 cup jarred red sweet peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Rub meat with dry ingredients, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Add meat to a roasting pan with bacon fat, add onions and garlic, saute for 15 minutes, deglaze with wine, and add Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and bay leaves.
- Place roasting pan in the oven and cook for 3 hours, uncovered, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 135 degrees F in center. Remove, let cool, then slice very thin.
- Cool broth in roasting pan and remove the fat that rises to the top. Strain.
- Reheat the broth, and add the sliced meat. Place some meat on each toasted roll, ladle with some broth and top with giardiniera vegetables and red peppers.
The Cookaskorb San Jose, CA
The Rating4 people
yum i have to leave off pickled veggies not a fan either but peppers etc are fine great jobminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
It sounds really good -- what are giardiniera vegetables? I have heard the word before, but is it a brand name or something?auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!