Spanish Style Chorizo Fish And Prawn Soup For TwoFrom virtualsteve 8 years ago
- 400 grams (14 oz) boneless fish fillets (Trevally, Blue-Eye, or Ling etc) shopping list
- 400 grams (14 oz) cooked and peeled prawns (shrimps) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely sliced into rings shopping list
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced into thick rings shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, squashed shopping list
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), quartered and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 thyme sprigs shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp oregano leaves, chopped finely shopping list
- 250 grams (9 oz) small potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 200 grams (7 oz) ripe tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 500 ml (1 pint) chicken stock shopping list
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) silver beet (finely sliced) shopping list
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cut fish into good sized chunks (big enough to fork as a single piece into your mouth later) - put aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, add onion and cook for five minutes.
- Add sausage, garlic, capsicum and cook until onion is soft.
- Add paprika, other herbs, potatoes and stir until everything is covered in oil/herb mixture.
- Add tomatoes and stock, bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add silver beet, salt, pepper and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add prawns and fish, cook for about 5 minutes (until fish is opaque and ready).
- Serve immediately after garnishing with parsley.