Spicy White ChiliFrom dosh70 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. cooked chicken shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 med. vidalia onion shopping list
- 2 cayenne peppers shopping list
- 2 serrano peppers shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper shopping list
- 1 large hot banana pepper shopping list
- 1 chipotle pepper shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 habanero pepper, optional shopping list
- Note: you can substitute other peppers subject to availability. This mix is just a perfect mix of heat and taste. shopping list
- 5 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cumin shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) great northern beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) white kidney beans, rinsed shopping list
- Garnishes: Shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado, etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Chop onion.
- Remove seeds from all peppers. (USE RUBBER GLOVES!)
- Finely chop peppers.
- In large soup pot or Dutch oven, over medium heat, saute peppers and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours, allowing flavors to marry.
- I like to change things up by using other meats in my white chili. My favorite to date are quail and ostrich.
- As stated in the recipe, feel free to try other pepper combinations. According to my notes (and palate), the combination above is a fantastic marriage of heat and flavor.
The Cookdosh70 Springfield, IL
The Rating3 people
I like this. Sounds like a good combination of flavors. Love the Habby flavor in foods... Thanks ........ Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Thanks for sharing such a GREAT recipe!
I will try it soon...
I like the use of the chicken and also
the combo of peppers for'HEAT' !
mjcmcook....A "5" FORKS...!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Awesome recipe thanks for sharing and a big high five on this one!!!!
Bakermanrooster--Richardbakermanrooster in Wichita loved it