Old Fashioned Blackberry DumplingsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, milk, eggs, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid and stir.
- Do not overmix.
- In large skillet, combine water, 2 1/2 cups sugar and blackberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Drop dumpling batter by the spoonful into blackberry mixture and cook dumplings till they rise.
- Test with fork to see if they are done.
- When fork comes out clean, remove dumplings and continue with remaining batter.
- Serve dumplings warm, topped with blackberry mixture.
- Whipped cream or ice cream is optional but good!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
oh my, this brings back memories! So good!herby in Albany loved it
I love this stuff! I also do it with strawberries.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Love those blackberry dumplings yummomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!