Old Fashioned Blackberry DumplingsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, milk, eggs, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid and stir.
- Do not overmix.
- In large skillet, combine water, 2 1/2 cups sugar and blackberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Drop dumpling batter by the spoonful into blackberry mixture and cook dumplings till they rise.
- Test with fork to see if they are done.
- When fork comes out clean, remove dumplings and continue with remaining batter.
- Serve dumplings warm, topped with blackberry mixture.
- Whipped cream or ice cream is optional but good!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!