Pork On BunsFrom lor 6 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, sliced 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- Note: I have used pork chops and sliced them thin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, or to taste, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 15 oz. canned tomato sauce shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. Heinz 57 shopping list
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 medium whole wheat, multi-grain or onion hamburger buns or as one of my younger students once said, "hangaburger" buns. shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- tomatoes, sliced onions, sauted mushrooms, sauerkraut(drained) cheese, mustard, ketchup, relish and whatever else you like. shopping list
- Note: If you have a favourite BBQ sauce that you prefer to use, it's a great shortcut. shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat add pork slices in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown 3 minutes per side.
- Do not crowd the slices.
- Cook in batches if necessary and keep warm in a 300 degree oven.
- When the pork as been cooked, remove all and add onion and garlic to the skillet.
- Sauté over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Heinz 57 Sauce, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to skillet.
- Stir and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pork to frying pan and spoon sauce over pork.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide pork among 4 buns.
- Serve with a fresh mixed green salad or coleslaw and you're all set!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
You can count me in as a fan. This sounds absolutely delicious and my guess is it would be great with chicken too ;) Thanks for a great one.peepers in loved it
Sounds delicious! I have to leave the bread off but it will still be wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
wow great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it