Another Chocolate Chip CookieFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 ounces grated hershey bar (optional – but it sure is good!) shopping list
- **Note - for an occassional twist, when I'm feeling really extravagant, I add about 1 cup of chocolate coated toffee bits or white chocolate chips...why not go crazy once in awhile?!? shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and grated chocolate (if using this or any other optional ingredient).
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, just until cookies are very lightly browned around the edges.
- Let cookies cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheets before removing them to wire racks or waxed paper to cool completely. Since they are slightly underbaked, they are too "fragile" to try to get a spatula underneath them when they are hot from the oven...be patient!
- Note - as I said in the description, the key is to slightly underbake these for that chewy, gooey effect, so you do not want to have them browned on top - just ever so slightly browned around the outer edges is all. When you remove the pan from the oven, the cookies will "fall" in the center - that's ok...that's what makes them gooey and chewy when cooled. Bake one or two cookies your first time to see at what point you need to remove them from the oven for the perfect "texture" for your liking.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Bring 'em on and I'll hang my diet up for a while!! Just have the coffee ready, too.
XOborinda in SoCal loved it
And how!! Yummers in the tummers!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds perfect, krumkake! :) TY! :) (Just call me Cookie Monster!) hehe
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!