Indonesian Fried Chicken Ayam Goreng KuningFrom verondear 8 years ago
- 1 whole roasting chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1 stem of lemongrass, only take the white part, and crush it. shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- oil for deep frying (canola oil) shopping list
- Marinate Sauce: shopping list
- 6 garlics shopping list
- 5 candle nuts shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander seeds shopping list
- 2 inches fresh turmeric (1/2 tsp turmeric powder) shopping list
- 3 inches galangal shopping list
- 2 inches ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, mix marinate sauce ingredients until it becomes a paste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the marinate sauce for about 1 hour or overnight.
- In a pot, boil the chicken along with the marinate sauce at low heat. Add salt, lemon grass, bay leaves and water.
- Keep the pot covered until water is absorbed.
- Remove pot from stove and let it cool.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a pan.
- Deep fry the cooked chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from oil.
- Put chicken on paper towels to absorb oil.
- Note: For a healthier option, broil chickens in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes or until chicken are golden brown
The Cookverondear Akron, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!