Red And Yellow Bell Pepper SoupFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 2 red peppers shopping list
- 2 yellow peppers shopping list
- 2 tsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced, peeled potatoes shopping list
- Pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander, dill or basil shopping list
How to make it
- Make Ahead:Roast peppers earlier in the day and set aside. Prepare both soups earlier in day, and keep them separate until serving.
- Roast the peppers under the broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning several times until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap; let stand until cool enough to handle. Remove skin, stem and seeds.
- In a nonstick saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery; cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally. Add stock and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover, and let cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Put the red peppers in food processor and process until smooth. Add half of the soup mixture to the red pepper purée and process until smooth. Season with pepper and pour into serving bowl. Rinse out food processor. Put yellow peppers in food processor and process until smooth; add remaining soup to yellow pepper purée and process until smooth. Season with pepper and pour into another serving bowl. To serve, ladle some of the red pepper soup into one side of individual bowl, at the same time ladling some of the yellow pepper soup into the other side of the bowl. Add coriander to soup and serve.
- Nutrition:Calories 99
- Protein 3 g
- Fat, total 2 g
- Fat, saturated 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Sodium 644 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fiber 3 g
- Tips:Orange peppers can be used instead of red or yellow.
- If desired, coriander can be added before puréeing for a more intense flavor.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
wow that looks so pretty and it sounds good too thank you joymarie..........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
You know me by now when it comes to roasted peppers I will be the first at the table. This soup is loaded with nutrition and delicious.
You have my high 5 rating, Joymarie
trigger in loved it
Looks and sounds great!ttheriot in New Iberia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!