Dandy Dandelion Greens SaladFrom lor 6 years ago
- Always use the leaves from young dandelions. If you can't obtain dandelion leaves then organic mixed greens work well. shopping list
- *I usually follow the rule of 3-4 small plants per person. shopping list
- 2 slices of bacon per person, fried until crisp shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut in half, then sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and sliced into strips shopping list
- 3 button mushrooms, brushed, stems trimmed and sliced or chopped shopping list
- Dressing made of: shopping list
- apple cider or raspberry vinegar - 1 Tbsp. per serving shopping list
- olive oil - 1/2 tsp. per serving shopping list
- *Quite honestly, I just eyeball the vinegar and olive oil and whisk them together with salt and pepper. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- parsley, basil or mint add a nice flavour. shopping list
- Parmesan or feta cheese, sprinkled on top. shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel.
- Reserve 1/2 of the bacon drippings in a large frying pan.
- Add the dandelion greens, well washed and stems cut off.
- Add salt, pepper and either fresh parsley, basil or mint.
- Saute over medium high heat until limp.
- Add red onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Toss around for another minute or so to warm and mix everything up.
- Then add the already whisked vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Give everything a quick toss.
- Place either in a large salad bowl or on individual serving dishes, and crumble bacon over top.
- Sprinkle herbs and Parmesan or feta cheese on top of prepared salad.
- Fresh tomatoes on the side always adds flavour and colour.