GF SnickerdoodlesFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup potato starch shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, plus 2 tablespoons shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add potato starch, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and water. Mix well to eliminate any lumps. Dough will be sticky.
- Mix 2 T. sugar and 1/2 t. cinnamon. Set aside.
- Lightly oil hands or spray them with nonstick spray to better handle dough. Shape into small balls, using a slightly rounded teaspoonful of dough for each cookie. (I use a small cookie scoop.) Roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet and press each ball to even thickness of about 1/". Bake 10-12 minutes. A single cookie should be removed at the shortest baking time to test for doneness. Browning is not a good indicator for these cookies.
- NOTE: Only 63 calories each.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Thanks for another gluten-free recipe! This is a recipe that I'm going to make for a meeting that I go to where there are a bunch of people who are on a gluten-free diet! I'm always looking for snack recipe to make for them. Thanks so very much for s...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
she has some good recipes...but I don't use any of them because she only uses starch and doesn't add anything to enrich her recipes with any nutrients....
I know that criticism of the author's recipe is a poor excuse if I'm eating the good...morepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
All ingredients are in my pantry.
Thanks for this gluten-free recipe.
Recipe saved!!!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it