Jalapeno Deviled EggsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Boil eggs (the best way is to put in water to cover, bring
- water to the boil.
- Let boil for 5 minutes then remove from heat and cover tightly.
- Let sit covered for 20 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and run cold water on eggs until water stays cool to touch.
- Break the shells of the eggs on the side of the pan so they
- crack (water will seep in under shell) Let sit another 20 minutes,
- then peel under running water.
- Line two egg containers with saran wrap.
- Cut eggs in half the short way, not the long and remove yolks to small bowl.
- Add jalapenos, (more or less to taste), green onions, mustard and enough mayo to make it creamy.
- Salt to taste.
- Re-fill eggs, then shake the cayenne pepper on top like paprika in traditional recipes.
- Fill eggs and place in egg cartons, cover with overlapping saran wrap and close carton lid.