Double Pecan Chocolate TarteFrom debwin 7 years ago
- PASTRY shopping list
- 22/3c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3c ground pecans shopping list
- 4T sugar shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1c chilled butter shopping list
- 1/2c chilled shortening shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 4T cold water shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 11/2c chocolate pieces shopping list
- 11/2c pecan pieces shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1c sugar shopping list
- 1c corn syrup shopping list
- 2T soft butter shopping list
- 2T coffee liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- PASTRY: Combine flour, pecans, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor, pulse to combine.
- Cut butter and shortening into cubes> roll cubes in a bit of flour then add to flour mixture in food processor, pulse until dough is crumbly.
- Beat together egg yolks and water, add to dough and pulse until dough just holds together (Do not over mix) Press into a disk , wrap and chill.
- Roll dough between sheets of waxed paper to about 1/4'' thick and large enough to fit a 10'' tart pan. Gently place pastry in ungreased pan, remove excess pastry around edges of pan. Chill for about 1/2 hour.
- Cover pastry with foil and weigh down with dried beans bake 10- 15mins. or until lightly browned. Remove beans and foil, set aside.
- Place tart pan on foil lined baking sheet .
- Mix eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and coffee liqueur until well blended and smooth. Stir in chocolate and pecan pieces.
- Pour filling into prepared pastry. Bake at 350F until filling is set and golden brown. Cool slightly, remove outside of tart pan. Cool completely before you remove the bottom. (If you have trouble removing bottom, heat slightly over burner and slide a metal spatula underneath.
- When Tarte has cooled drizzle melted chocolate overtop.