Crockpot Texmex Chicken Potato SoupchowderFrom rekabla 5 years ago
- 5-6 small/med potatoes, peeled and cubed (sorry) shopping list
- 32 oz. chicken broth shopping list
- Some water (maybe) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 3 Habenero peppers seeded & diced shopping list
- 3 banana peppers seeded & diced (optional) shopping list
- 1 green bell peppers seeded & diced shopping list
- 1 onion diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips shopping list
- 2 cans corn (drained) shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream (regular or light) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons green salsa (I use Renfro's green salsa) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Chile powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Shredded cheddar to taste (recommend sharp) shopping list
- lightly crushed tortilla chips to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes in crockpot & cover with chicken broth, if it doesn't cover the potatoes add enough water so that potatoes are covered completely.
- Stir in garlic, peppers, onion & salt.
- Cover & cook on low for 5 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- Mush or blend potatoes into the broth.
- Add chicken, tortilla chips, corn, sour cream, green salsa, chile powder, Cumin & stir together.
- Cook another 30 minutes on high.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese & tortilla chips.