Ghee Flavoured RiceFrom cholena 8 years ago
- 3 C Basmati or long grain rice , soaked for 10 mins and drained shopping list
- 1 onion , thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon , 1 star anise , 1 bay leaf , 1 sprig mint leaf , shopping list
- 1 cardamom , 1 clove shopping list
- 1 tbsp nuts shopping list
- 2 tbsp raisins shopping list
- 2 tbsp ghee shopping list
- 7 C water shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In 1 tbsp ghee , fry the spices for a min.
- Add the onion and saute till limp
- Add the nuts and raisins .
- One min later add the rice and mix until well coated .
- Add the water and salt .
- Once boil , cover and simmer until done and all water absorbed .
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp ghee and fluff the rice .
- Serve warm with Salad with yogurt dressing and masala roasted green chilli chicken
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating4 people
Looks nice & eazy to make.angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Simple and tasty. I love recipes like this.kidaria in BC loved it
Very nice Cholena, I love this rice... I make a similar version but have not thought of putting star anise in it... I will try this soon... Thanks Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!