Pecan Crusted Salmon with Sorrel SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh sorrel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced shallots shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature shopping list
- 4 salmon fillets shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sorrel, wine and shallots in heavy small saucepan then stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and lime juice then boil until reduced to sauce consistency.
- Transfer sauce to blender and purée until almost smooth.
- Return sauce to same saucepan and season with ground white pepper and salt.
- Finely grind pecans with tarragon and basil in processor then blend in butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- Cover separately and chill.
- Let nut mixture stand at room temperature 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil large baking sheet then arrange salmon on prepared sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amount of nut mixture over top of each fillet and bake salmon until cooked through about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring sauce to simmer.
- Using spatula transfer salmon to plates and spoon sauce around fish.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!