Poached Eggs with Mushroom Home FriesFrom donnaja1231 8 years ago
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 12 ounces wild mushrooms, tough stems discarded and caps quartered if large shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium saucepan, add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Add salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool.
- 2. In a heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion and herbes de Provence; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the skillet.
- 3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon each olive oil and butter to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and fry, without disturbing, until crusty, about 5 minutes. Flip and fry until golden on the other side, about 3 minutes more. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until heated through.
- 4. Meanwhile, fill a large, deep skillet with 1 1/2 inches of water. Add a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt, cover and bring to a simmer. Working in 2 batches, crack 4 eggs into the simmering water and cook until desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for soft yolks. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels and blot dry slightly.
- 5. Divide the home fries among 4 plates, top with 2 eggs each and season with salt and pepper.
The Cookdonnaja1231 Moffat, CO
The Rating1 people
Your method of cooking the poached eggs is perfect. I also like the addition of herbs De Provence they are so fragrant.
Five forkstrigger in loved it