Pumpkin Surprise MuffinsFrom bobbijo 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. apricot preserves, divided shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3-oz.) cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin, sour cream, butter and 3 Tbsp. preserves.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups half full.
- Place a cream cheese cube and 3/4 tsp. of preserves in each cup.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with almonds and remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.