Cornflake ChickenFrom iamabeetle 7 years ago
- chicken fillets (500g - 1kg - depends how much you want to make, really!). shopping list
- 4 cups of cornflakes shopping list
- Some fresh parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of oil shopping list
- 2 chicken stock cubes shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Half a cup of milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cut your chicken fillets down the middle so that they are thin. Hit them with a hammer to make them thinner if you so desire.
- In a food processor, add cornflakes, chicken stock cubes, garlic, salt and pepper (as much or as little as you would like), Parsley and oil. Turn food processer on and make the corn flake mixture into a fineish texture (so that there's still a few lumps - not too lumpy but not a powder either). Place mixture into a largish bowl.
- Mix egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Get a piece of the chicken and dip it into the egg/milk mixture until it's wet. Place chicken into corn flake mixture and coat it with the cornflakes then place onto a greased baking tray. Repeat until all the chicken is corn flakey.
- Place in oven for about half an hour (depending on the thickness of the chicken). The cornflakes should be golden - not dark.
- Serve with Salad or hot vegies - whatever you feel like. This is great to give to the hubby (or in my case, boyfriend!) for lunch the next day in a sandwhich with some salad. Yummy.
- There are a few variations - if you want the kids to think that they are having Chicken Strips, cut the chicken into thick strips (kind of like what you would get at Red Rooster or KFC) or you can cut the chicken into cubes.
The Cookiamabeetle Melton, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!