Eggs Benedict VariationFrom lunchboxer 6 years ago
- 1 package hollandaise sauce mix (McCormack & Knorr are two we use) shopping list
- 1 cup milk & 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 fresh & soft bagels shopping list
- margarine or butter shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups frozen or canned salad shrimp (approximately) shopping list
- chopped fresh or dried chives shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to directions on package
- Slice bagels in half, lightly spreading butter on each half. Lightly toast bagels on frying pan to heat, or in toaster; place two halves on each plate, cut side up.
- Heat shrimp in bowl of hot water (don't boil or they'll shrink!)
- Fry or poach eggs, placing one egg on each half of bagel.
- Cover with sauce.
- Spoon warmed & drained shrimp over sauce
- Sprinkle chives to garnish
- Enjoy. Discuss how you wished you'd made more!