Coconut Corn CurryFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 4 cup corn kernels, organic fresh shopping list
- 3 tbl poppy seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 tbl ginger, grated shopping list
- 2 organic chili peppers shopping list
- 3/4 cup coconut, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanuts shopping list
- 3 tbl ghee shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 5 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 8 or more small squares of organic tofu as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Strip niblets from cobs
- Cook the corn by boiling in a small amount of water until tender. Set aside.
- Using a mortar & pestle, grind all the spices, the coconut & peanuts into a smooth paste. In a large, heavy skillet, heat the ghee & fry the paste for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the corn, salt & coconut milk & simmer until the sauce reduces by half & becomes thick, 15 minutes or so. Serve over rice. Garnish with tofu
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Oh my goodness. What a fantastic recipe. Love everything in it. Great post my friend. You have my 5 only because I can't give you a 10.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Very good dish. was wodering if the 3 table spoons of poppy can be right but poppy goes well with coconut.
I realize now that I didnt mash the spices enough
but I'll definitely do it again.
Cheerslazylizard in Melbourne loved it