Leche FlanFrom cookingdolphin 6 years ago
How to make it
- prepare 8 aluminum molds (approx 7"x4"x2", LxWxH). Aluminum trays with crinkly sides will do but it's better to use those with smooth walls (llanera). If you don't have said molds, any metallic container of your desired size will do.
- sprinkle a thin layer of brown sugar on the inside of each container and put it over open fire until all the sugar has dissolved. Add more sugar if the melted sugar does not cover the entire bottom of the mold. Do not over heat the sugar lest you want a bitter taste on your flan.
- set aside to let the containers cool.
- hand-beat the eggs in a container (use your hands to beat all the eggs together until the yolks and whites are thoroughly combined).
- pour the eggs through a strainer into a large container (large enough to hold all the other ingredients). discard the stuff caught in the strainer
- add all the milk ingredients and vanilla
- mix thoroughly, again using your hands.
- pour the mix into the molds filling up to about 3/4 or it.
- place the molds into the steamer and let it cook for about 20min or until the mix becomes firm.
- once cooked, set aside to let the flan cool and then refrigerate.
- to serve, run a knife along the sides of the flan to loosen it from the container and flip over container onto a plate. Flan would then be upside down on the plate and the caramelized sugar, now on top, dripping from the sides.
The Cookcookingdolphin Singapore, SG
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!