Apricot Oatmeal CookiesFrom migvia 7 years ago
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups rolled oats, finely ground shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 cups white or wheat flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ teas. salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teas. baking powder shopping list
- 1 ½ teas. vanilla shopping list
- 1 teas. baking soda shopping list
- ½ cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1 ½ cups dried apricots shopping list
- 2 cups pecans, almonds coarsely chopped or walnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 and place rack in center of oven.
- Beat butter and shortening with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor until fine, then combine together with flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Fold oats, apricots and nuts into batter and drop by heaping tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Cool 2-3 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool thoroughly before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.