Mussels MarinaraFrom lincolntoot 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. large mussels shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, very finely diced shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a frying pan, add the veggies and cook at medium for about 5 minutes. Don't let them take on much color but slightly softened.
- Add wine, bay leaf, thyme, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to a boil and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Clean the mussels - if mussel is opened tap it - if it does not close it is dead - discard - discard mussels that are not opened after cooking also.
- Now add the mussels to the boiling sauce; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls or can be served over pasta
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!