Apple Cheese BettyFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 3 cups of toasted bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 3 large tart apples shopping list
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- rind of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2/3 cup of hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Start your oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix crumbs with the butter.
- Place 1/3 of them in the bottom of greased baking dish.
- Pare apples, core, slice thin.
- Put half the slices on top of crumbs.
- Sprinkle with sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon, rind and half the lemon juice.
- Repeat ending with toasted crumbs.
- Pour water over it all and bake 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve with whipped cream, sprinkled with cheddar cheese.