Pineapple Upside Down CakeFrom cali_cat8 8 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare the cake mix as directed
- Using a round cast-iron skillet, melt butter and brown sugar (do not burn) add the pineapple (place one in the center and then others around it; may not hold whole can), add a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple. SLOWLY pour the prepared cake mix into the skillet, taking care not to disturb the pineapple.
- Bake the cake as directed. When done, turn the skillet over onto a cake dish . Skillet will lift right off and you have a beautiful cake.
- NOTE: if you do not have a cast iron skillet, use an oblong aluminum pan. Prepare the sugar and butter, pour into pan, add pineapple, cake mix and bake. Works the same way!
The Cookcali_cat8 San Luis Obispo, CA
The Rating5 people
Oh this sounds yummy.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Yummy, sounds heavenly! Pineapple cake is my all time favorite!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
wow fast pineapple upside down cake thanks love itmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!