Low Fat Carrot CakeFrom nycea 6 years ago
- 2 Cups cake flour - sifted shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2/3 Cup White sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 Cups grated carrot shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredient together and whip thoroughly.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir or beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 inch baking pan, or two bread pans and bake for 45 minutes or until middle is done.
- This recipe tends to turn out a denser cake because of the applesauce, thats why sifting is key. And alternative would be to cut 1/2 the sugar and baking it in a loaf shape, making a delicious carrot bread!
- Photo reference from: http://www.cookiemadness.net
The Cooknycea Corvallis, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!