Spicy Lemon-Basil ChickenFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 4 medium boneless,skinless half chicken breasts(about 2lbs) shopping list
- 2Tbs dried currents shopping list
- 1/2-1tsp dried chili flakes,to taste shopping list
- 1Tbs capers,rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2c fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1Tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 2tsp honey shopping list
- 1/4c fresh basil leaves,roughly chopped shopping list
- 2Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2c toasted pine nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast about 8 mins,till fragrant and golden.(Alternatively,you can toast them in small dry skillet over med heat)
- Set aside to cool. Turn oven off.
- Soak currents in warm water in a small bowl till plump,about 10 mins. Drain well
- Purt the chicken breasts in a gallon-size re-sealable plastic bag. Add olive oil,lemon juice,garlic,honey,chile flakes,1/2tsp. salt and a few grindings of pepper. Seal bag and refrigerate 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Lightly coat an oven-proof skillet with olive oil and set over med heat.
- Remove chicken from bag,reserving marinade in the bag. Lay the chicken in skillet,top side down(where the skin was) and sear about 2 mins.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook till chicken is just cooked through,about 10 mins,depending on size of breasts. They sgould feel firm but have a little give when pressed with finger. Transfer chicken to a plate and drape loosely with foil to keep warm
- Return pan to to med-high heat and pour in the reserved marinade from the bag
- Stir in currents,capers,pine nuts and butter.
- Simmer for a couple of mins. until the flavors are well blended and sauce slightly reduced.
- Return chicken to pan tuening the breasts in sauce to coat. Stir in chopped basil.
- Place chicken breasts presentation side up on four warmed plates.
- Spoon sauce over the chickencarefully distributing all the goodies with the flavorful sauce.