Leftover Macaroni And Pea SaladFrom knwalter 8 years ago
- Here's what I had: shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked salad pasta or macaroni ( I actually used 2 cups, because that was the serving size I broke my huge bag of macaroni into!!) shopping list
- 1 lb. can of sweet (English) peas ( I used the rest, probably about 1 cup of my Publix brand grocery store frozen bag of peas!!) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 slices american, cheddar or any favorite cheese, cut into small cubes (I used the rest of my Publix brand grocery store shredded cheddar cheese, maybe 1/2 to 1 cup, or so) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Here's what I needed and had to buy: shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine (only because I ran out!!) :( shopping list
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise ( I used about 3/4 to 1 cup of mayo, due to the amount of pasta, also I use Duke's brand mayo, it's my favorite, much better than anything else I've tried!!) (also ran out of this....figures!!) shopping list
- Here's what I added into some of the left-over macaroni salad: shopping list
- 1/2 cup Durkee brand french fried onions shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine shopping list
- also, 1 dash or so of cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Cool (maybe about 20 minutes or so, so the mayo won't get cooked.)
- Blend together the rest of the ingredients with cooled pasta.
- Cool again (that's what the 120 minutes is for. It will also be nice and chilled and the vegetables will be so crunchy!!!! Mmmmmmmmm!!
- If you would like to add some meat, add some chopped cooked chicken or some cubed ham or even salami would be great.........Oooooooo don't forget about pepperoni.......mmmmmmmmmm!!!
- If adding the Durkee onions, add at the very possible last minute you can get away with or they will get soggy!!