Spicy Jicama SlawFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1- large jicama peeled shopping list
- 4 -carrots shopping list
- 1 -red bell pepper, or yellow or ( 1/2 in 1/2 ) for color…....cored shopping list
- 1- poblano chile pepper ( or 1/2-green bell pepper ) (but I like the chile). aspect........... shopping list
- 1-inch piece of ginger shopping list
- 1- tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 -cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 -cup rice-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/2 - tablespoon dark oriental sesame oil shopping list
- 1 to 4 Serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced….. (I add more sometimes) shopping list
- 1/4 - cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 3 --scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 -teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- Freshly ground coarse black pepper… to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut jicama, carrots, bell and poblano peppers and ginger into matchstick silvers using a shredding disk on a food processor or a mandoline .
- Mash sugar and garlic to a paste in a large serving bowl with back of a wooden spoon.
- Add vinegar; whisk until sugar dissolves, whisk in sesame oil
- Add matchstick-cut vegetables and remaining ingredients; toss to mix and coat
- Just before serving , taste for seasoning, adding more salt, sugar, pepper, or vinegar if desired. (.I always add more it seems to soak it up fast)
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!